Employment agreements documents and templates
All the following employment agreements are included in our Human Resources Folder
. Click on the links to discover more about each template.
An employment agreement usually refers to a legally binding statement of understanding between two or more parties in the course of employment.
An employment agreement can be used to:
- State acceptable standards
- Define a negotiated settlement
- Specify obligations
Clear written employment agreements set out an employee’s obligation and the employers expectations to minimise any future disputes. Employee agreements are usually voluntary agreements that parties do not have to agree to or enter into. There can be a process of negotiation during employee agreements where both parties make proposals and counter proposals until an agreement is reached.
Employee agreements should
- Be in writing
- Relate to particular proceedings
- Give employees a reasonable amount of time to consider the conditions (minimum of 10 days)
- Require the employee to receive independent advice